- Format 30 x 40cm
- Original technique : Oil on canvas
- Reproduction technique and support : Pigment printing on Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Opaque paper 308 gr.
- Edition : 100 hand signed and numbered prints
Price of the unframed print. Handcrafted frame available with collection in Venice: white, black, wood.
SHIPMENT : Reinforced packaging. Shipping by DHL or click & collect to the gallery (Monday to Saturday). Shipping charges do not include any customs fees for non-EU countries.
Ceci n'est pas un poster : why ?
ABOUT THIS ARTWORK
« I wanted to tell the story of their journey in Veneto during their upcoming exhibition "Visto Veneto", using simple shapes and colors collected during my last visit to Venice. I am inserting this piece in my larger series "Pages" started in February 2022, through which I try to tell stories with shapes and colors, like in the pages of a comic. Through this series I work on the composition of the page, referencing my years in graphic design, and I appropriate this subject in a more abstract and sensitive way.
In the picture "Venetian page", three types of shapes are visible:
- a circle representing the entire Veneto region;
- a soft and rounded shape inspired by the cartographic shape of the Veneto;
- rectangles at the bottom of the composition.
Each group of shapes is made up of 7 elements that all represent one of the 7 regions that make up the Veneto (Venice, Treviso, Belluno, Padua, Vicenza, Verona, Rovigo).
- Through the circle, I represent their union to compose a whole;
- through the shape of the region, I represent the itinerancy of the Garance & Marion exhibition thanks to the dashed lines;
- Through the order of the rectangles I give itinerancy in a precise sense: it all begins in Venice.
The colors are inspired by the palettes I collected during my stay in Venice in October 2021. The mixing of these colors through gradations is another way of signifying sharing, exchanging, meeting.
This painting is like a map to decipher, an abstract itinerary. I have tried to translate Garance & Marion's intention for this second exhibition: to travel through the Veneto region, meet people, tell stories, share, connect and unite through art.»